Lines In Furniture Design

Disclaimer: Posted on October 14, 2016. Date changed for order.

Abyss Horizon by Duffy London

When I first came across this piece, I was truly struck with awe and amazement. I admit I was stuck on their site for quite a while, but LOOK AT THIS!

The Up Balloon Coffee Table by Duffy London

So whimsical!! So beautiful!! It reminds me of the line drawing I did in the second tutorial. I wonder if the designer drew inspiration from the Dada movement, given that using balloons as table legs is relatively unconventional. 

Back to the Abyss Horizon, the use of lines and the arrangement of layers really brought depth to the piece, as if we were staring into an ocean. As blue translucent glass were used, the more the layers, the darker the bottom layers become. 

The Abyss Horizon is a really great example of how the adaptation of a simple line can produce such breathtaking pieces of art. I am really happy and excited to have stumbled upon it. ☺

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top